Wednesday, September 5, 2018
The Power of Literature
Hello! My name is Cassie Popwell, and I believe that education should be exciting while maintaining traditional material. I want my students to learn the classics, such as Shakespeare, Poe, Dickens, etc. while exploring fun and innovative ways to cover these authors. I also want my students to discover obscure authors from these periods that have been overlooked--such as Aphra Behn. My subject area is ELA, and I am currently teaching English 101 to high school seniors as a dual enrollment course for Jefferson State Community College. While it is not literature based, I am hoping to be hired to teach English 102 next semester, which will allow me to teach some of the works that I know and love. I want to teach because I think it is important that students are given a voice when it comes to writing skills and literary analysis. Students have so much to say, but many teachers do not give them the platform to use their voice. My goal is to prepare my students for writing assignments in higher education courses and teach them empathy and understanding through literature that spans the course of history.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Module 4 Blog Post
Memes are defined by Sharon Serano as “a cultural element or system of behavior that is passed from one individual to another” (2018)...
-
Memes are defined by Sharon Serano as “a cultural element or system of behavior that is passed from one individual to another” (2018)...
-
Hello! My name is Cassie Popwell, and I believe that education should be exciting while maintaining traditional material. I want my students...
-
Tools for Engagement and the Affective Network · Google Drive https://www.google.com/drive/ · MEGA https://mega.nz/ ...
No comments:
Post a Comment